My Story Of Remote Onboarding: Like Clockwork

 Just like Cloud in the software world is something that is remotely present, I will be sharing my remote onboarding experience today, thus the title- Cloud Onboarding.



The Hunt

The Covid outbreak led to a difficult time for the entire world and I was no different. There were challenges here and there. Yet, I was among those lucky folks who still have the honor of working for an organization. I am employed and contributing through WFH from the beginning of March.

Let’s start from the very beginning- I have had concrete career goals in mind but 2020 had other plans. Like everyone else, I was just watching the COVID situation unfurl. I was watching it affect all my goals and could feel the stress building up every single day. But all I could do was wait and watch!

And then, I had a stroke of good luck! One fine day, I decided to get off my ass and start looking out for opportunities that were more in line with my career goals. I always wanted to work with a fast-paced organization, no matter what the workload was. I wanted to work in a team where my work would have a direct impact on the company. I wanted to contribute towards the growth of an organization.

And I got this opportunity with LambdaTest, one of the fastest-growing cross-browser testing platforms.

I joined LambdaTest as a Senior Member of the Technical Staff in October 2020. At the time of writing this article, I have completed 3 weeks here and I would be sharing my journey with LambdaTest so far.

The Dawn

Right from the beginning, when I got my offer letter, I was in touch with the HR team. The team was kind enough to contact me multiple times to ensure everything was going fine. All of my requirements were taken care of smoothly.

I felt so comfortable when I joined the company. I didn’t feel any awkwardness while communicating with the team over Google Meet on my first day. The HR team introduced all the new joiners to the team and company. Also, we were introduced to the mentors and the respective teams we will be joining.

Initially, I was worried about the joining process. I wondered how I will manage this change because as a Developer, there is something more than just work. The team has to work together to achieve a common objective. And it really matters how you can work together with a team when you haven’t even met them personally. That feeling of personal touch adds on to the trust and initiates a connection with the members.

I was very much worried about it, but I would say hats off to the team at LambdaTest, especially the automation testing team. They made me feel so comfortable and within a week I started to feel that connection with the team. Every time I was stuck with something, my mates helped and pulled me out of the rat hole.

There was a pre-planned session for almost everything from finance to KTs. A JIRA board for onboarding was already in place and was shared with us in advance, adding a star to the smooth joining process. And while these were some generic sessions conducted for all the new joiners, I had some team-specific sessions too.

Three weeks in the team and I have already started to contribute to the product. In fact, my work was also a part of one of the latest releases. It feels great to work for a high energy company like LambdaTest and I am looking forward to having a fantastic journey in this Rocketship!



Do have a look at my channel on youtube: The Data Singh

Happy Learning

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Word Vectorization

Spidering the web with Python

Machine Learning -Solution or Problem